Jazz up chicken breast in this fruity, sweetly spiced sauce with pomegranate seeds, toasted almonds and tagine paste.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 200 Gram Couscous
- 1 Small Chicken stock cube
- 1 Medium Red Onion Halved and thinly sliced
- 600 Gram Chicken mini fillets
- 4 Tbsp Tagine spice paste Available in tesco
- 190 ml Pomegranate juice
- 100 gram Pomegranate Seeds
- 100 gram Toasted flaked almond
- 1/2 Tsp Mint
- Boil the kettle and heat the oil in a large frying pan. Put the 200 Gram Couscous in a bowl with some seasoning and crumble in half the stock cube. Add the 1 Medium Red Onion to the pan and fry for a few mins to soften. Pour boiling water over the couscous to just cover, then cover the bowl with a tea towel and set aside.
- Push the onion to one side of the pan, add the 600 Gram Chicken mini fillets and brown on all sides. Stir in the 4 Tbsp Tagine spice paste or harissa and the 190 ml Pomegranate juice, then crumble in the rest of the stock cube and season well. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Stir through the pomegranate seeds, saving a few to scatter over before serving.
- After 5 mins, fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir through the almonds and mint. Serve the chicken on the couscous with the sauce spooned over.
Calories: 590kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 50gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0.1mgSodium: 250mgPotassium: 292mgFiber: 4gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 28mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!